• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

HELP!! I have failed twice.

Dobylady

Blitzer
I will be taking the CPC exam for the 3rd time in Feb. Im not sure what im missing. I have bought the coding blitz and the exam, plus i have bought the 3 tests from the AAPC. I made a 62 this last time and feel comfortable with managing my time as i finished with 40 min to go back and review my areas of weakness. I welcome any advice from anyone. Thank you so much!!! God Bless

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I will be taking the CPC exam for the 3rd time in Feb. Im not sure what im missing. I have bought the coding blitz and the exam, plus i have bought the 3 tests from the AAPC. I made a 62 this last time and feel comfortable with managing my time as i finished with 40 min to go back and review my areas of weakness. I welcome any advice from anyone. Thank you so much!!! God Bless
Welcome Dobylady!
I've heard it said that "Third time is the charm" and I hope that's true for you as well. I only have one suggestion, and that is while your focus on the time is great it may mean you are concentrating on the time more than the content. By that I mean there may be important details in the question you are missing because you are trying so hard to pace yourself to finish with a little time to spare. While the multiple choice questions give us answers, some of the answers might have one small thing that sets them apart and requires a reference made only in the guidelines, or one answer identifies what needed to be coded first, and there was an answer that fit if you didn't observe the code first requirement. The whole point in coding is to make sure we have been thorough and detailed so that the code(s) chosen tells the story of visit accurately. I hope I've helped, it is complicated and I'm sure overwhelming sometimes, but so worth the time you spend learning and reviewing. Have confidence in you - I do!
Happy Coding!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Good luck in passing your exam, Dobylady! When you pass your exam, as Alicia and Laureen says it, we will do a HAPPY DANCE!

Sharon Clarke

Blitzer
I found after I completed the Blitz videos, that practicing the AAPC test in a timed manor was my best study technique. I saw my grades improve steadily as I became comfortable with the time management and the detail. I used the 3 pass system where I did all the obviously easy questions first. Then ones which required a little work and left the long complicated questions for the end. All the questions are worth the very same 1 point so why do the hard ones first!

Good luck!

Dobylady

Blitzer
Welcome Dobylady!
I've heard it said that "Third time is the charm" and I hope that's true for you as well. I only have one suggestion, and that is while your focus on the time is great it may mean you are concentrating on the time more than the content. By that I mean there may be important details in the question you are missing because you are trying so hard to pace yourself to finish with a little time to spare. While the multiple choice questions give us answers, some of the answers might have one small thing that sets them apart and requires a reference made only in the guidelines, or one answer identifies what needed to be coded first, and there was an answer that fit if you didn't observe the code first requirement. The whole point in coding is to make sure we have been thorough and detailed so that the code(s) chosen tells the story of visit accurately. I hope I've helped, it is complicated and I'm sure overwhelming sometimes, but so worth the time you spend learning and reviewing. Have confidence in you - I do!
Happy Coding!
..........Thank you so much for your advice. I appreciate it more than you know. I will take this advice and apply it. By the way...I LOVE YOUR HORSE!!! I love animals and have had them all my life. One of GODS most amazing creations. Thank You, Brandy

Dobylady

Blitzer
Good luck in passing your exam, Dobylady! When you pass your exam, as Alicia and Laureen says it, we will do a HAPPY DANCE!
................AHHHH, thanks....I will be doing the HAPPY dance also, over and over and over and over....HEEEEE, God Bless and thanks so much for your helpful words. Brandy

Dobylady

Blitzer
I found after I completed the Blitz videos, that practicing the AAPC test in a timed manor was my best study technique. I saw my grades improve steadily as I became comfortable with the time management and the detail. I used the 3 pass system where I did all the obviously easy questions first. Then ones which required a little work and left the long complicated questions for the end. All the questions are worth the very same 1 point so why do the hard ones first!

Good luck!
.......Great advice and I will apply it. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and help. Have a SUPER day!!! And say a prayer for me on 2-23-2013. Thanks again, Brandy

Linda

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I have found my weakness from taking the exams within my course are the Guidelines when I take the tests I am so worried about the time I forget about the guidelines ,that I will be reviewing from ICD as I work on each section of the CPT portion of the class Best of Luck